Workers' Compensation Claims Specialist
Posted on: November 19, 2023
CorVel is seeking a full time Workers' Compensation Claims
Specialist (Adjuster) for our Louisiana area. The Workers'
Compensation Claims Specialist manages within company best
practices Workers' compensation claims within delegated limited
authority to best possible outcome. Work with employer, vendors,
attorneys, physicians and nurse case managers to obtain a
successful return to work. At least 3 years handling Louisiana
Workers' Compensation claims. WC Claims Adjuster license
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONSAND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Determines validity and compensability of the claim
- Establishes reserves and authorizes payments within reserving
authority limits, as required by client
- Determine appropriate AWW and correct compensation rate
- Process indemnity benefits timely and accurately
- Manages lost-time workers' compensation claims under
- Implement medical cost containment techniques
- Schedule IME's as appropriate with proper cover letters
- Apply clients best practices
- Requires regular and consistent attendance
- Complies with all safety rules and regulations during working
hours in conjunction with the Injury and Illness Prevention Program
- Additional projects and duties as assigned. KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to learn rapidly to develop knowledge and understanding
of claims practice.
- Ability to identify, analyze and solve problems.
- Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to
utilize MS Office including Excel spreadsheets
- Strong interpersonal, time management and organizational
- Ability to meet or exceed performance competencies
- Ability to work both independently and within a team
- Bachelor's degree or a combination of education and related
- Minimum of3 year of workers compensation claim knowledge
- Louisiana WC claims adjuster license required
CorVel, a certified Great Place to Work - Company, is a national
provider of industry-leading risk management solutions for the
workers' compensation, auto, health and disability management
industries. CorVel was founded in 1987 and has been publically
traded on the NASDAQ stock exchange since 1991. Our continual
investment in human capital and technology enable us to deliver the
most innovative and integrated solutions to our clients. We are a
stable and growing company with a strong, supportive culture and
plenty of career advancement opportunities. Over 4,000 people
working across the United States embrace our core values of
Accountability, Commitment, Excellence, Integrity and Teamwork
A comprehensive benefits package is available for full-time regular
employees and includes Medical (HDHP) w/Pharmacy, Dental, Vision,
Long Term Disability, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending
Account Options, Life Insurance, Accident Insurance, Critical
Illness Insurance, Pre-paid Legal Insurance, Parking and Transit
FSA accounts, 401K, ROTH 401K, and paid time off.
CorVel is an Equal Opportunity Employer, drug free workplace, and
complies with ADA regulations as applicable.
Keywords: CorVel, Metairie , Workers' Compensation Claims Specialist, Other , Metairie, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!