Host/Hostess Restaurant AM Shift
Company: Westin New Orleans Canal Place
Location: New Orleans
Posted on: October 14, 2019
Highgate Hotels Highgate is a premier real estate investment and
hospitality management company widely recognized as an innovator in
the industry. Highgate is the dominant player in U.S. gateway
markets including New York, Boston, Miami, San Francisco and
Honolulu. Highgate also has a key presence in Barcelona. Highgate's
portfolio of global properties represents an aggregate asset value
exceeding $10B and generates over $2B in cumulative revenues. The
company provides expert guidance through all stages of the
hospitality property cycle, from planning and development through
recapitalization or disposition. Highgate also has the creativity
and bandwidth to develop bespoke hotel brands and utilizes industry
leading proprietary revenue management tools that identify and
predict evolving market dynamics to drive out performance and
maximize asset value. With an executive team consisting of some of
the industry's most experienced hotel management leaders, the
company is a trusted partner for top ownership groups and major
hotel brands. Highgate maintains corporate offices in London, New
York, Dallas, and Seattle. Location Situated at the end of famed
Canal Street, the Westin New Orleans offers stunning views of the
mighty Mississippi River and the French Quarter. Guests are just
steps from the Shops at Canal Place and Harrah's Casino and a short
walk to the excitement of Bourbon Street and the Ernest N. Morial
Convention Center. The hotel features 437 rooms and suites,
including a Presidential Suite, with Westin's signature Heavenly®
bedding, 24,000-sq-ft of event space, a fully equipped
WestinWORKOUT fitness center and Cajun-inspired restaurant River
127. Employment Status Full-Time Overview The Hostperson is
responsible for ensuring the prompt recognition and seating of all
guests in outlets as assigned and assists the servers in providing
attentive, courteous and efficient service to guests throughout
their dining experience. He/she is also responsible for assisting
the cashier in the collection of payment for all guest
- Greet and seat guests at appropriate tables in a timely
- Be attentive of guests' needs assist in providing a pleasant
- Assist cashier in collection of money or credit cards from
guests and servers as needed.
- Know how to prepare cashier report at the end of the
- Pay out servers' and service attendants' tips if
- Know how to properly take reservations for outlets.
- Ensure quality control of menus with regard to cleanliness and
- Perform opening and closing duties according to established
- Have a complete knowledge of standards of service for receiving
a room service order.
- Have a thorough knowledge of menus and current specials in all
- Assist servers and cashiers in the servicing of guests as
- Know and understand the state liquor laws.
- Ensure overall guest satisfaction. Qualifications
- High School diploma and/or experience in a hotel or a related
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
- Light work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or 10 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry,
push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Ability to stand during entire shift.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and
written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive,
friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and
clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an
attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Highgate Hotel
Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to
the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming,
which includes wearing the proper uniform and nametag.
- Comply with Highgate Hotel Standards and regulations to
encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas
and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating,
preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to show initiative, including anticipating guest
or operational needs.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Maintain a friendly and warm demeanor at all times.
Keywords: Westin New Orleans Canal Place, Metairie , Host/Hostess Restaurant AM Shift, Hospitality & Tourism , New Orleans, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!