Registered Nurse (RN) - Med Surg/Ortho - FT Nights
Company: LCMC Health
Posted on: November 16, 2023
Ensure you read the information regarding this opportunity
thoroughly before making an application.
We are a New Orleans-based, non-profit health system on a mission:
to provide the best possible care for every person and parish in
Louisiana and beyond, and to put a little more heart and soul into
healthcare along the way. And that means we do things a little
differently around here.
Treating people like family is the LCMC Health way, and it always
has been. Founded by Louisiana's first freestanding children's
hospital, we have grown into a healthcare system that is built to
serve the unique needs of our communities and families.
Today, we offer six hospital locations: Children's Hospital New
Orleans, East Jefferson General Hospital, New Orleans East
Hospital, Touro, University Medical Center New Orleans, and West
Jefferson Medical Center. We also offer a network of urgent care
centers across the greater New Orleans area. With over 2,800
physicians specializing in everything from head to toe, our
community can count on us to provide the right care, right where
they need it.
About East Jefferson
East Jefferson General Hospital has an enduring legacy of expert
community care and treating patients like people. We opened our
doors in 1971 and in 2020 joined LCMC Health. Together we are
creating a better healthcare experience for everyone on the East
Bank and beyond. The 420-bed hospital has received many awards and
recognitions including accreditation by the Joint Commission on
Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations. East Jefferson is also
Louisiana's first Nurse Magnet hospital and the only Louisiana
hospital to have earned Magnet recognition 5 times for nursing
excellence. We are proud to be part of the LCMC Health system and
continue to build our heritage of leading community care with the
best resources, support, and services possible.
Why a Great Place to Work:
You're more than your job. Everyone is. And that's what makes you
great at your job-all the little extras you bring to work every
day, the things that make you you. At LCMC Health we value those
things about you, because we know that all those little extras add
up to extraordinary. And we've built a culture that supports and
celebrates the extraordinary. You'll see it when you come to work
here, in the spirit of our places and the faces of our people. And
every patient we heal, every family we comfort, every life we
improve is the outcome of countless little extras adding up to an
extraordinary result. Join LCMC Health, and you'll find that our
everyday makes it easy to live your extraordinary.
$15,000 Salary Incentive No Commitment
* Facilitates and Maintains a safe environment for patients and
* Performs the priority technical procedures required by the
area/department/assignment safely, effectively, efficiently and
* Actively promotes and supports LCMC Health's performance
improvement initiatives by consistently implementing infection
control practices, maintaining the environment of care consistent
with Joint Commission requirements and participating in quality
improvement activities and review/audit processes.
* Demonstrates and actively promotes compliance with all state and
federal regulatory and accrediting agencies (i.e. patient safety,
infection control, HIPAA, etc.) and adheres to LCMC Health's
policies and procedures.
* Utilizes the nursing process to deliver patient care:
* Organizes, prioritizes, and coordinates all aspects of care for
each assigned patient by coordinating and delegating activities
related to patient care management in an appropriate manner and
supervising activity of other unit personnel providing care to
* Communicates using appropriate channels information, data,
significant events of problems to appropriate persons, including
current patient condition, changes in the patient's condition,
laboratory/diagnostic data, intake & output, nutrition needs,
assessment findings and changes, changes of shift report,
patient/family/physician team member complaints, defective
* Keeps patients informed and gives periodic updates as appropriate
and positively contributes to the organizational goal of patient
* Collaborates with interdisciplinary team members to identify
actions to improve patient care and education:
* Seeks supervision, consultation, and assistance when unable to
perform effectively or safely independently.
* Delegates safely and appropriately to other team members to
accomplish direct patient care or support activities.
* Consistently performs proper hand-off to ensure continuity of
care while identifying and communicating problems.
* Advises supervisor of current or anticipated problems and accepts
and completes assignments in a timely fashion.
* Uses age appropriate principles of learning and initiates,
consults, and collaborates with available patient education
* Works closely with physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech
therapy and social workers to meet the educational needs of the
* Customer Service:
* Continuously displays a positive attitude that contributes to
patient satisfaction and utilizes the service recovery process to
address patients' concern or complaints.
* Recognizes customer needs and begins to solve problems as soon as
they are apparent.
* Contributes to the team by providing assistance to others without
* Professional Development:
* Maintains current knowledge in nursing practice
* Regularly participates in activities to maintain and expand
nursing knowledge in area of practice.
* Readily assists others and works in designated alternative areas
* Required: Graduate of an accredited RN program
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS
* Certification Name: BLS Provider
* Issuer: American Heart Association
* Licensure Speciality:
Nights (United States of America)
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and
level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work.
This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities.
LCMC Health reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities
to meet organizational needs as necessary.
LCMC Health is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation,
gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or
any other characteristic protected by law.
Application for Employment
It is the policy of all member hospitals and facilities of the LCMC
Health System (Louisiana Children's Medical Center, Children's
Hospital of New Orleans, Touro Infirmary, University Medical Center
New Orleans, New Orleans East Hospital, and West Jefferson Medical
Center as well as its centers of health care and physician
services, East Jefferson General Hospital, Woldenberg Village,
Crescent City Physician Inc., and New Orleans Physician Services)
to provide equal employment opportunities for all employees and
applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age,
national origin, citizenship, marital status, gender identity,
sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability,
or any other protected status in regard to any position for which
the employee or applicant may qualify.
Instructions to Applicant
1. You must fully and accurately complete the Application for
employment. Incomplete applications will not be considered. LCMC
Health and its members may use the information given in the
application to investigate the applicant's previous employment and
2. The Application for Employment will be considered inactive after
180 days. If you wish to be considered after that time, you must
complete a new Application for Employment.
3. If you are hired, proof of citizenship or immigration status
will be required to verify your lawful right to work in the United
Keywords: LCMC Health, Metairie , Registered Nurse (RN) - Med Surg/Ortho - FT Nights, Healthcare , Metairie, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!